Some of the forest sections were not usable before today's storm. Given that the unpaved roads are unlikely to have cleared out by 8 am Sunday, we decided to postpone rather than substantially shorten the circuit. Anyone who can't come on the new date can get their entry refunded, but registration will not reopen as there are already 150 riders.
While this will come as disappointing news to some, its indeed good news for those who enjoy the forested secteurs of the event's route. It feels safe to speculate that they will be in full effect come April 28, the new date. If you were geared up to hit the dirt roads on Sunday, why not head North and enjoy some of the delights around Wakefield? There's no better way to sharpen up for the 28th!