Monday, April 12, 2010

...or tomorrow...

Falling...a...sleep. The Battenkill report will have to wait until Tuesday; I'm drifting away. In lieu, how about a quick update about the Gatineau Parkway: still clear of snow and good to ride. I took out the Kona Hoale I'm riding for the season for a loop today, and found both the bike and parkway delightful. All I'll say for now, as a full review is premature after only 70k on the bike, is that it reminds me of my Cannondale frame more than anything else I've spent time on. The Cannondale is great, btw. The Kona is a nice, light Dedacchai steel frame with carbon fork, set up with (ghasp) 23c Continental tires. It might or might not wind up under me for the Almonte Paris-Roubaix, mostly depending on the condition of the route and the tires required. This steel flyer, unlike my Steelwool, is not built for phat tires like the Challenge Parigi-Roubaix's or Grand Bois in 30c. Tires are key for the spring classics, as our compatriots confirmed during the Clarence-Rockland Classic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I busted my Cannodale on the last race in Arnprior...