Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pembroke MTB Race Sept.19

Did you know there was an Ottawa Valley Mountain Bike Association? I'll admit I didn't know until last Fall when I made the trek up to Pembroke for a race they were hosting. And I'm glad I did -- the race was loads of fun with a mostly singletrack "enduro" length course and a really positive vibe overall. Some of the better parts of the course were constructed by Algonquin College students training in the Outdoor Adventure program in Pembroke. That program has three or four mountain biking courses and one of them includes some IMBA-style trail building education. The local riders get to reap the benefits of a "hands-on" education! Anyway, their race is coming up again on September 19 so if you're looking for one last mountain bike race before 'cross season here's your chance: http://www.ovmba.blogspot.com/

No comments: